I was running out of things needed for the basic recipe so I made some adjustments and made the best peanut butter chip cookies I’ve ever had:
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup Smuckers Natural Peanut Butter, room temperature (!important)
2 eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup peanut butter chips
1 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugars, salt, and peanut butter. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
3. Combine flour and baking soda; stir into batter. Mix in chocolate chips.
4. Scoop mounds of dough onto prepared cookie sheets. (I had to roll mine in my hands since the dough was crumbly. I also did not flatten them.)
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes in preheated oven until slightly brown on tops. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Take out and let cool on cookie sheets for 5 minutes and then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
I’ve made peanut butter cookies before and they have never turned out so soft and chewy. They are also not so sweet that it makes your mouth hurt – probably due to the natural peanut butter I used. It only contains peanuts and salt where as Jif contains peanuts, salt, sugar, and oils.